L'aparte
Aesthetic medicine
and laser hair removal
in Bordeaux
Subscribe to our newsletter

    Expert eye
    Follow us

    Search

    Book an appointment onlineDoctolib
    hyaluronic acid injection bordeaux l'aparté doctor slodzian
    Home " Aesthetic medicine " Are hyaluronic acid injections painful?

     

    Hyaluronic acid is a molecule naturally present in the skin. It is one of the most widely used molecules in aesthetic medicine: depending on the form injected, hyaluronic acid can be used to recreate volume, smooth or hydrate the skin. Many patients wishing to undergo hyaluronic acid injections in Bordeaux are reluctant to take the plunge. They are often concerned about the pain they will feel during the aesthetic treatment. Are hyaluronic acid injections painful? What are the possible side effects? How does a session work? We tell you all about it in this article.

    Do hyaluronic acid injections hurt?

    You have to suffer to be beautiful... Not really! These days, it's unthinkable to suffer to feel better in aesthetic medicine. In fact, the pain experienced during hyaluronic acid injections is highly variable from one person to another. A study carried out in 2011 on a panel of 200 people revealed that only 10% of patients treated experienced a slight sensation of pain. The remaining 90% felt no pain at all. How can these differences in experience be explained? Pain during a hyaluronic acid injection depends on :

    • The patient's sensitivity: not everyone has the same threshold of sensitivity to pain. What is perceived as harmless by one person may be felt as very painful by another.
    • The sensitivity of the area treated: some areas are more sensitive than others during injections. For example, the corners of the nasolabial fold and the mouth are generally more painful than the cheekbones or temples.
    • The type of product used : some patients report a slight burning sensation when volume-enhancing products are injected.

    As you can see, hyaluronic acid injections are not particularly painful. However, injections can cause a variety of unpleasant sensations in some patients, depending on their sensitivity and the area treated. Note that some practitioners use hyaluronic acids mixed with lidocaine, an anesthetic, to reduce the pain potentially experienced. Your doctor may also prescribe an anaesthetic cream to be applied one hour before the procedure.

    Pain and hyaluronic acid: how does a session work?

    To begin with, it's important to know that only aesthetic physicians specifically trained inhyaluronic acid injections are authorized to perform them. These doctors have undergone the best training in the field, and can offer you a range of techniques to suit your needs and requirements.

    We advise you to take a few precautions in preparation for your session, such as avoiding anticoagulant and anti-inflammatory medication ten days before the injections. Similarly, we strongly advise against drinking alcohol the day before or the day of the procedure.

    Here's how a hyaluronic acid injection session works:

    1. During your first appointment, your doctor will provide you with all the necessary information and recommendations (preparation for the procedure, procedure, expected results, precautions to be taken...). He will examine you and draw up an estimate.
    2. On the day of the first session, the aesthetic doctor selects the equipment to be used (type of product, quantity, syringes) according to the area to be treated and the desired result.
    3. The product is injected with a syringe under the dermis. The procedure is fairly quick: generally, depending on the task at hand, it takes between twenty minutes and an hour.
    4. The doctor gives the patient instructions on how to behave and what care to take after the session.

    Are hyaluronic acid injections associated with side effects?

    Hyaluronic acid injections almost never cause allergies. Being naturally present in our bodies, this product is very well tolerated. On the other hand, hyaluronic gel injections are often associated with minor side effects. It's common to see small red spots or hematomas localized where the skin has been pricked. This is perfectly normal. Swelling and small hematomas will quickly disappear.

    Would you like to discuss your project with a professional in aesthetic medicine in Bordeaux? Don't hesitate to contact Dr. Slodzian, a specialist in hyaluronic acid injections, for a personalized consultation.

    Ask your question

    This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn more about how your comment data is used.